In this very special holiday post, we’d like to tell you about Children’s Services Council of Palm Beach County, a funding resource for programs and services that improve the lives of children and their families. Moreover, we’d like to ask you to join us in making the season a little brighter for children served by the organization’s home visiting programs.
Children’s Services Council focuses the majority of its funding on prevention and early intervention services for all Palm Beach County children so they grow up healthy, safe, and strong. More than 89% of Children’s Services Council’s budget goes directly into programs*, which include:
- WHIN Nurses (Women’s Health Initiative Nurses), which addresses the health and wellness needs of African American women who are either pregnant or have a baby. The program provides nurse home-visiting services in the county’s high-risk zip codes.
- Nurse Family Partnership, which addresses the health and well-being of low-income first-time parents and their children. The program provides volunteer registered nurses for pregnant women and children up to two years of age.
- Healthy Beginnings Nurses, which provides a wide range of pre and post-natal and intervention services for pregnant women and mothers of infants in a family’s home.
*Source: Children’s Services Council of Palm Beach County
The impact of these programs is impressive. Here is one of many reasons why they are so important:
On Sunday, December 16, 2018, Karline’s Salon will host a Holiday Open House for clients, vendors, friends, and friends of friends. We’re asking all who attend to bring a gift-wrapped, age-appropriate toy (0 to 5 years) for a child served by the home visiting programs. Of greatest need are:
- Diapers (Size 2 and Size 3)
- Developmental toys with sounds and lights
Be sure to label the age/size on the gift wrapping.
In exchange, donors will receive $5 in Karline’s Salon Bonus Bucks to redeem on a hair care service. Plus, we’ll contribute a portion of the proceeds from our raffle to a Children’s Services Council program.
Admission is free, but you must RSVP here.
The last word. Many thanks to Charice Robinson, a loyal Karline’s Salon client and friend. Charice provided us with inspiration and direction for our charitable endeavor. She is the Director of Program Budget for Children’s Services Council, a past president of the West Palm Beach Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., a proud Wolverine (University of Michigan), and one of our natural hair divas. She’s an all-around rock star!
Please join us on December 16 for a good time and great cause: Children’s Services Council of Palm Beach County! For more information on the Karline’s Salon Holiday Open House, #AskKarlinesSalon : 561.471.0900 or visit this link.
I am interested in attending the Karline’s Salon holiday open house. As stated in the description of the event, my mom works at Children’s Services Council, a member of Delta Sigma Theta, and a Michigan native.
I think it is a good collaboration of Karline’s Salon and Children’s Services Council to bring holiday cheer to children of Palm Beach County with toys and diapers. Additionally, I like the picture of myself and my mom at the Divabetic fashion show and Children’s Services Council using their home visiting programs to help children be healthy, safe, and strong.
Thank you Chiara! You rock!!!