Never have you ever used yogurt on your hair? There are a few strands of thought on this popular dairy product. Natural yogurt is full of protein and, according to stylecraze.com, it is a common natural hair care ingredient and hair growth aid.
It is rich in vitamins and fatty acids that are essential for hair health. Is yogurt good for hair growth? Yes, this ingredient makes for an excellent hair growth aid, and here’s why:
- Helps get rid of dandruff with its anti-fungal properties that soothe the scalp
- Helps calm frizz by keeping your hair moisturized for longer
- Controls hair fall by improving scalp health and reducing the clogging of follicles
- Balances the pH levels of your scalp by regulating sebum production
- Yogurt soothes an aggravated scalp with its cooling effect
Consider these do-it-yourself yogurt masks for hair health and repair.
Egg and yogurt
- 1 Egg
- 2 tbsp Yogurt
In a small bowl, break the egg and whisk the egg until the yellow and white are combined.
Add 2 tablespoons of yogurt and mix to form a paste.
Divide your hair into four sections and apply the paste under your scalp.
Ensure that you have covered all of your hair and then leave the mask in for 20-30 minutes.
Rinse the mask out with shampoo and cool water.
Banana and yogurt
- ½ a Ripe Banana
- 1 tbsp Yogurt
- 3 tsp Honey
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
In a bowl, mash the banana until there are no lumps.
Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until you get a smooth, consistent paste.
Apply this mixture from the roots to the tips of your hair until it is entirely covered.
Keep the hair mask on for at least 25-30 minutes.
Wash off with Shampoo.
Click here to view original web page at www.pulse.com.gh
Before you run out to Publix for the next BOGO on yogurt, #AskKarlinesSalon about the products we recommend to care for your hair.
As a postscript, let’s not forget the overall health benefits of yogurt and why you should make it an essential part of your dietary regimen.
- Yogurt provides almost every nutrient that your body needs. It is especially high in calcium, B vitamins and trace minerals.
- Yogurt, especially the Greek variety, is very high in protein. Protein is helpful for appetite and weight control.
- Some types of yogurt contain probiotics, which may boost digestive health by reducing the symptoms of common gastrointestinal disorders, such as bloating, diarrhea and constipation.
- Yogurt provides probiotics, vitamins and minerals, all of which may boost immune health and prevent certain illnesses.
- Yogurt is rich in vitamins and minerals that play a key role in bone health. Consuming it regularly may reduce the risk of osteoporosis.
- Regardless of its fat content, yogurt appears to benefit heart health by increasing “good” HDL cholesterol and reducing blood pressure.
- Yogurt is high in protein, which is very filling, and may improve your diet overall. Both of these aspects help with weight management.
Note: Some people need to be cautious with their yogurt intake, as it may cause adverse effects, especially in those with lactose intolerance or a milk allergy.
Have you ever tried a yogurt mixture for hair growth? Share your story or recipe in the comments section of this post.