According to registered dietitian and healthline.com contributor, Rachael Link, flaxseeds provide many health benefits and flaxseed oil, made from flaxseeds that have been ground and pressed to release their natural oil, has a wide variety of uses, ranging from cooking to skin care. In this Transformation Day post, let’s look at the benefits of flaxseed oil for hair.
The flaxseed oil is somewhat lesser known when it comes to the benefits that it owes to the hair. …Before getting to anything, let us first know what flaxseed oil really is and what all does it contains. Following are some of the essential nutrients that the flaxseed oil contains:
1. Omega-3 Fatty Acids
As mentioned above, flaxseed oil is a great source of omega-3 fatty acids. This nutrient is really good for maintaining a good heart health. The non-vegetarian people can get their share of omega-3 fatty acids from the chicken and the fish. However, the vegetarian lot can get theirs from the flaxseeds or flaxseed oil.
Flaxseed is widely known to constitute both soluble and the insoluble kinds of fiber. This is great when one wants a proper digestion and a healthy bowel movement. Using flaxseed oil or flaxseeds, in general, can help you maintain a happy stomach.
Flaxseeds are also a rich source of anti-oxidants. In fact, they are the largest source of it and can be said to contain about 8000 times the antioxidants than any other plant-based foods contain.
But Why Flaxseed Oil For Hair?
Including all the good nutrients that the flaxseeds and the flaxseed oil contain, it can be said that flaxseed oil for natural hair is really a thing when we are talking about hair health. Since the omega-3 fatty acids and the proteins form up the main parts of our hair strands, it must get pretty obvious that this oil can prove to be really beneficial for healthy hair.
Here are some of the best benefits that the flaxseed oil has to offer for your hair.
- Flaxseed oil has a great amount of omega-3 fatty acids, omega-4 fatty acids, minerals and essential vitamins that are required for a healthy hair growth.
- Some people use Flaxseed oil for hair growth. This is because even just 2 spoons of it are enough for your daily fatty acids and vitamins requirement. Supplying the hair strands their much essential nutrients, the flaxseed oil is great when you are looking for something to trigger your hair growth.
- Flaxseed oil doesn’t only help with hair growth, but it also prevents hair fall. Since the fatty acids make up for hair growth, the essential minerals help in making the hair follicle stronger and hence, eliminate hair fall.
- Using flaxseed oil regularly on the hair will get rid of any flakiness or visible dandruff from the scalp.
- Flaxseed oil is also helpful in giving your hair strands a certain shine and luster. This is because it moisturizes your scalp and helps in the formation of hydrated hair. This brings out a natural shine in the hair.
- A weekly warm flaxseed oil hair massage can do all the above-mentioned tricks when done regularly every week.
Click here to view original web page at stylenrich.com
Have you tried or are you thinking about trying flaxeed oil? For a healthy hair opinion, #AskKarlinesSalon! We’re just a call (561-471-0900) or click away.